From: Jody Hagins (jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-01 22:01:25

On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 20:13:47 -0400
David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> We do have a plan to speed up releases. Please see this thread:
> http://archives.free.net.ph/thread/20060514.212258.a8a17ce6.en.html
> Unfortunately the link to beman's original proposal is dead :(.
> Beman, do you think you could make that available again? Maybe just
> post the text to this list? As 1.34 approaches it's probably a good
> idea to get that back into the collective consciousness.

Dave,

Is it a good idea to list the problems with the 1.34 release? I'm not
trying to throw stones at all, and I'm not looking for names. I'm more
interested in the issues so they can be addressed in some way. I just
think it may help with future efforts, and may also help others
understand what went on.

I've learned a whole lot more about release management from the things
that went wrong (or at least appeared to do so) than anything that
happened to go right.