From: Sohail Somani (s.somani_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-01 23:27:21

If you really want a poll, I do build boost myself. I can honestly say that I am not familiar enough with bjam even after a really long time tinkering with it (for what thats worth). Currently I build boost as part of the build on one project and use pre-built on another. I'm finding building it myself (using my own build system) is a lot better as I can apply stuff like profiling flags or changing compilers on a whim. To build boost I did need to make sure my build system could handle the same sort of things that bjam does (which it did).

Personally, I don't care if boost takes 2 years to release, so long as the release is solid and after being on this list, I don't think there is any fear of that.