From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-02 10:27:03

Hello all,

As a prelude to the conversion from CVS to Subversion, I am auditing
the top-level directories inside the Boost Sandbox CVS. My plan is to
perform some cleanup of the CVS repository structure before moving it
to Subversion, so that the resulting Subversion repository will have
a clean structure.

These are the top-level directories in the Sandbox CVS, and what I
intend to do with each:

   - boost: This directory contains a two useless bits. There is a
DocBook DTD I committed a long time ago, and a small part of
"sequence_algo". The latter has been completely moved into "boost-
sandbox" already, where there is more history. I will remove this
directory.

   - boost-sandbox: This is where most development goes on. This
directory will live on to become "the sandbox" in the Boost
Subversion repository.

   - database: This appears to be some work toward a database
library. I plan to move its contents into boost-sandbox/libs/database.

   - libs: This contains more sequence_algo bits that have already
been cloned (and further developed) in boost-sandbox. I will remove
this directory.

   - website: This top-level directory is empty, and will be removed.

   - xpressive: This looks like an early version of xpressive,
although recent development on this library happened in "boost-
sandbox", and of course the library itself is now part of Boost. I
plan to remove this directory; we can always go back to the CVS
repository tarball if we find we *really* need it, but that's quite
unlikely.

If you have any objections to these changes, scream loudly and very
soon :)

        Cheers,
        Doug