From: Richard Smith (richard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-04 05:30:05

Richard Smith wrote:

> I've just found what I believe to be a new regression on the
> boost RC_1_34_0 branch relative to the 1.33.1 release. The
> example below is a simplified extract of some real world
> where the behaviour of boost::none silently changes.

[...]

The attached patch includes a Steven Watanabe's proposed
reimplementation of boost::none and a test case
demonstrating the regression from 1.33.1. (1.33.1 passes
this test case.)

I know that it's late in the day for fixes on the 1.34
branch, but this is silent change in behaviour in a fairly
straightforward usage of a commonly used boost library. I
really do think it needs to be fixed before 1.34 can be
released.

Richard Smith