From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-04 05:49:47

Richard Smith wrote:

>> I've just found what I believe to be a new regression on the
>> boost RC_1_34_0 branch relative to the 1.33.1 release. The
>> example below is a simplified extract of some real world
>> where the behaviour of boost::none silently changes.
>
> [...]
>
> The attached patch includes a Steven Watanabe's proposed
> reimplementation of boost::none and a test case
> demonstrating the regression from 1.33.1. (1.33.1 passes
> this test case.)
>
> I know that it's late in the day for fixes on the 1.34
> branch, but this is silent change in behaviour in a fairly
> straightforward usage of a commonly used boost library. I
> really do think it needs to be fixed before 1.34 can be
> released.

I disagree. There's no way we can release anything this
century if we keep on checking in things are branch is
frozen. The time window for commits is over at this point.
If this patch breaks one of release compilers, we'll spend
another week just to get back to zero regressions.

The final decision is up to Thomas, of course, but I hope
that no code changes will be allowed, no matter what.

- Volodya