From: Martin Bonner (Martin.Bonner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-04 07:05:58

----Original Message----
From: boost-bounces_at_[hidden]
[mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Richard Smith Sent:
04 April 2007 11:09 To: boost_at_[hidden]
Subject: Re: [boost] [optional] New RC_1_34_0 regression

> I understand the sentiment --- it has been a *long* time in
> getting to this point, and like everyone else I want to see
> 1.34 released as soon as possible.

On that I think EVERYBODY agrees!

> But I don't agree that
> this should prevent us from fixing this bug.

I have to say I think I am inclining to your view. This is
a) a genuine regresssion from 1.33.1. User code that used to work no
longer does so.
b) The worst sort of "does not work"; there is a silent change in
behaviour.

>> The final decision is up to Thomas, of course,
Heh. Another point on which I think we all agree.

It's at times like this I'm glad I'm not the release manager!

--
Martin Bonner
Project Leader