From: Michael Goldshteyn (mgoldshteyn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-04 07:47:16

"Vladimir Prus" <ghost_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> I disagree. There's no way we can release anything this
> century if we keep on checking in things are branch is
> frozen. The time window for commits is over at this point.
> If this patch breaks one of release compilers, we'll spend
> another week just to get back to zero regressions.
>
> The final decision is up to Thomas, of course, but I hope
> that no code changes will be allowed, no matter what.
>
> - Volodya

I just want to add my 1.5 cents to this. I want to see this build get
released as much as anyone. But, let us not confuse the regression test's
output of no regressions with the fact that there is in fact a regression.
The only reason that the regression test is currently showing zero errors
is, in light of this find, because it is clearly incomplete, since a
regression not being tested for was in fact found. So, for my 1.5 cents of
input, I would suggest that the patch be made, as long as no other errors in
our current regression test are caused by it. If it is, in fact, as
transparent to the rest of the regression test as claimed, I see no reason
why it shouldn't go in. If it breaks anything, and I mean anything for any
compiler, an argument can be made for rolling it back and releasing without
it.

Thanks,

Michael Goldshteyn