From: Ames Andreas (Andreas.Ames_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-04 08:36:16

There are other reasons:

* It's easier to put standalone libs into shared libs (i.e. for smaller
  executable sizes, text segment sharing, whatever)

* With header-only libs you loose almost all the flexibility for
  fine-grained adjustments to the binary code (optimisation, abi etc.)

That's not to say, that header-only libs are bad. But it would be bad to
require all libs to be header-only or even to officially state they are
preferred for boost, at least IMHO.

cheers,

aa

--
Andreas Ames | Programmer | Comergo GmbH | ames AT avaya DOT com
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Stuttgart