From: Michael Fawcett (michael.fawcett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-05 13:35:56

On 4/3/07, Steven Watanabe <steven_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> David Walthall <walthall <at> stanfordalumni.org> writes:
> >
> > The only complaint I have is that unique values of ordinal<N> have to be
> > used.
>
> Nod. The only way to prevent collisions is to use
> more bits and either guids or compile time strings
> storing the fully qualified name.

Matthias posted about this before and I can't remember the outcome. I
was browsing some archived posts about Boost.Typeof and came across
this:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/101946/focus=102070

Would that be enough? Usage would look like:

#include BOOST_UNITS_ORDINAL_GENERATOR()
struct my_unit : ordinal<BOOST_UNITS_NEXT_ORDINAL>
{
};

Sorry if you guys have been over this ground before.

--Michael Fawcett