From: Greer, Joe (jgreer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-06 08:37:47

[mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]]
> On Behalf Of Michael Walter
>
> On 4/5/07, Greer, Joe <jgreer_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > If we aren't going to live with that, then I think we need two
filtering
> > points, because I, for one, don't want to pay the cost of formatting
> > numbers etc just to throw the message away because I'm not viewing
that
> > message today.
>
> Why can't we format on-demand?

[Joe] Oh, we certainly can. Unless I misunderstand you, wouldn't you
then be limited to filtering out text things? For example, if I wanted
to see the log lines with a "blotto 3" in them, you would have some
problems, wouldn't you? Now, don't get me wrong, personally I don't see
the point of filtering that kind of thing at the log level. There are
plenty of tools that can scan the resultant log files and pull that info
out for me. I only need a level (TRACE, LOG, WHATEVER) and a keyword of
some sort. Anything more than that, I am willing to do outside the app
with grep or something.

joe