From: Matthias Schabel (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-12 16:09:44

>>> The formal review of the Math Toolkit, submitted by John Maddock,
>>> Paul Bristow, Hubert Holin, and Xiaogang Zhang, begins today, April
>>> 11 and ends April 20. The library and documentation may be
>>> downloaded
>>> from the Boost Vault:
>>
>> That timetable is more than a little unfortunate, as it clashes with
>> the next C++ committee meeting next week, and the ACCU conference
>> this
>> week (at the same venue). Several potential reviewers will be on the
>> road for the whole duration, and hopefully a couple of the library
>> authors too!
>>
>> I'm not going to ask for an extension yet, but don't be surprised if
>> you get that request late next week!
>>

> For my own selfish reasons (I REALLY REALLY want to review this
> library,
> but I'm also leaving town on business for the next two weeks), I would
> concur that holding the review during the C++ Committee meeting
> week is
> bad. But, maybe I'll be able to find some time to do a partial
> review
> anyway ...
>
> :-)

I'm happy to extend the review period, but there are two potential
problems :

1) the GUID review is slated to start April 23rd. I don't expect that
there would be significant crosstalk between these two reviews, but
it doesn't seem to be the norm to have two reviews running concurrently.

2) I will be on vacation from April 20th-27th. On second thought,
since, as review manager I don't really have to do much until the end
of the review, I would be fine having the review run until the 27th.
That would give me the weekend to digest posts...

I'll inquire with the review wizards as to whether it would be
acceptable to have some overlap between this review and the GUID review.

Matthias