From: Janek Kozicki (janek_listy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-13 11:46:14

Thomas Witt said: (by the date of Thu, 12 Apr 2007 11:47:41 +0100)

> Robert Ramey wrote:
> > If someone wants to apply such a patch I have no objection.
> >
> > Actually, different compilers given warnings for this and that and the other
> > thing. I don't think its a good idea to start down this road. I agree that this is
> > low risk. But they're all low risk. Better is to get 1.34 out without even one minute
> > more of delay.
>
> Take my word for it there is time for this change. That being said it's
> your call.

This "unused parameter warning" is much more frequent in
boost::serialization, perhaps Robert has cleand it all in CVS-HEAD.
But applying proposed patch to 1_34 would mean that a dozens of other
lines should be fixed too. That's what I suppose Robert wants to
avoid.

OTOH I'd really appreciate if boost::serialization would not produce
warnings during compilations of correct code. Some people (like me)
have a warning-free compilation policy, and this library interferes
with that...

I raised this problem before, but it was not resolved:

Should boost users expect a correctly written "hello world" to
compile without warnings?