From: Schalk_Cronje_at_[hidden]
Date: 2007-04-23 05:26:02

-----Original Message-----
From: boost-bounces_at_[hidden]
[mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Martin Wille

> A stacktrace is helpful even without the demangling. In the worst
case, one would have to
> run c++filt manually, which isn't that bad in a debugging scenario.

There is no need to do that. Any platform that supports the Common
Vendor ABI allows this via ::abi::__cxa_demangle. On gcc versions
earlier than 3.x there used to be a function 'cplus_demangle'. I don't
know whether that was supported on all OS's though.

A long time ago, when this ML was still hosted on Yahoo, I uploaded
example code for Solaris & Linux to do stack back traces (in mangled
form). Steve Shammah also uploaded a version for Win32.