From: Stjepan Rajko (stipe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-30 14:48:31

Hi Jeff, Peter, Rene,

Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions. I guess the consensus is
that there is use for both sync and async aspects, and both should be
in an RPC library that takes itself seriously, with an emphasis on
making sure the user is aware of the nature of remote calls and has
tools to deal with any problems that might come up.

I'm currently threading through the end-of-semester quagmire, and
working on a couple conference papers, so it will take me a bit to
flesh out the next iteration of the library, which I was hoping to
support async calls through futures, and hopefully a beginning of
intelligent error and exception handling.

Anyway, getting this started was in a way a warm up for the signal
library GSoC project... some of the concepts are related, and for me
it seems like the best way to reach a destination is to aim about 60
degrees to the side :-)

Finishing it, of course, will be a lot more than a "warm up" :-)

Thanks again,

Stjepan