From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-01 11:44:05

Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> Doug Gregor wrote:
>
>> Most of the work is done. When we're ready to switch (and *after*
>> 1.34.0 is out the door), we'll ask for a 24-hour window to make sure
>> we have enough time for the cvs2svn conversion and import (roughly 8
>> hours of crunching), and to deal with any issues that might crop up.
>
> That's excellent news ! So it seems holding the switch off for another
> release isn't even on the table. I guess if everything can be straightened
> out within a matter of days there won't be any need to keep the old CVS
> repository around, either.

Sorry, it's not going to happen that fast....see my reply to Doug. We're
going to need volunteers to update regression scripts, run tests, and write
procedures. We shouldn't try to switch all the regression testers in a big
bang -- we need to get a few volunteers to work with whoever modifies the
scripts and to help work out issues.

Jeff