From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-01 12:04:20

Stefan Seefeld wrote:

> But, independent on how many people need to change their habit, the only

That will take time by itself...

> thing they actually need to change is a single command:
> s/cvs co .... /svn co ...../ (with appropriate URLs).
>
> I agree that docs for that part of the 'procedure' may be spread over lots
> of places, and that they all need fixing. But let's not stare at the problem
> like a deer into the light of an approaching car.

As soon as I see regression runners using an official script against an OSL
svn I'll be happy to shut up.

> (And yes, if there is a list of items to be fixed, I'd happily volunteer.)

Ah, the first job is to make a list of them -- they're all on boost.org --
please do so. The ones I know of off hand:

http://www.boost.org/more/release_procedures.htm
http://www.boost.org/tools/regression/xsl_reports/runner/instructions.html
http://www.boost.org/more/getting_started.html
http://www.boost.org/more/release_mgr_checklist.html

Probably a more general way is to do this query:

http://www.google.com/search?num=20&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aunofficial&hs=RYu&q=cvs+site%3Awww.boost.org&btnG=Search

Oh and since we won't have sourceforge CVS instructions any longer we'll need
something like this page as well:

http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=7586

Jeff