From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-07 10:26:17

on Thu Jun 07 2007, "Peter Dimov" <pdimov-AT-mmltd.net> wrote:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>
>> FWIW, I have to admit that, although I think it's good to re-examine
>> everything we do from time to time, I am a bit uncomfortable with
>> re-examining everything we do from the ground up all at once, which
>> seems to be the direction in which we're now headed.
>
> Coincidence.

Relevance?

> In addition, re-examination does not imply change.

I know. But I'm still uncomfortable.

> It only implies impartial reflection and critical thinking.

Always a good thing.

> It's OK to shoot down in flames a proposed change and reaffirm that
> the current process should stay.

Sure; I just like to think about no more than a few changes at once.
In the end you need to make educated guesses about what will work, and
it's hard to evaluate any one proposal while thinking, "oh, but we are
reevaluating this other piece, so our base assumptions might not
apply."

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting