From: Janek Kozicki (janek_listy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-20 16:11:33

Cédric Venet said: (by the date of Wed, 20 Jun 2007 22:06:52 +0200)

> At the cost of reproducing the menu in each page (the generation is
> automatic, but the download is a little longer), there is many
> possibilities:
>
> - use a div with fixed or static positioning
> - use a css based unroling menu (pure css)
> (http://www.alistapart.com/articles/horizdropdowns/
> http://www.alistapart.com/d/horizdropdowns/horizontal2.htm
> http://www.alistapart.com/articles/dropdowns/#resettop
> http://www.htmldog.com/articles/suckerfish/example/ )
> - hybrid menu
> http://www.alistapart.com/articles/hybrid/
> http://www.alistapart.com/d/hybrid/hybrid-4.html
>
> http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-q=menu&sp-a=sp1002d27b&sp-f=ISO-8859-1&sp
> -p=All&sp-k=All

yep. That's what I said. But the pure CSS menu have serious drawback
of not remembering the state between page reloads. AFAIK !

Also, I have just tested that boost serialization docs work as a
charm on IE5, which is about 8 years old! :)

I would only make the indentation for sublevels to be much smaller,
eg. just "1.5em".