From: Douglas Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-25 16:10:16

Matias Capeletto wrote:
>> I admit that it would be
>> possible to make the .xml files viewable in a browser by using a stylesheet,
>> but currently they don't seem to be. CVS users of Boost should not be
>> considered second-class citizens; they should have access to human-readable
>> documentation as well.
>>

> Good point. But I think we should not bloat the repository. What about
> a adding a boost_docs tree with the last snapshot of the
> documentation.

It appears to be down now, but MetaComm typically generates HTML from
BoostBook nightly at

http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-boostbook/BoostBook-RC_1_34_0/index.html

(for the 1.34.x branch)

This is the right solution: generate documentation from active branches
nightly and have them available on boost.org. It would be wasteful to
put this information in any repository, since it can all be regenerated.

    - Doug