From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-25 16:23:38

"Matias Capeletto" <matias.capeletto_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> On 6/25/07, Gennadiy Rozental <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> "Paul A Bristow" <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> > I think the weight of opinion is firmly behind keeping Quickbook as a
>> > favoured, but not exclusive, Boost docs tool.
>>
>> Let me clarify again my point:
>>
>> Boost should require BoostBook as a documentation format. This is the
>> format
>> documentation should be kept in source control and delivered with release
>> Boost shouldn't require what tools are used to generate BoostBook
>> documents.
>> Whether it's QuickBook, XML editor, any other facility is irrelevant and
>> libraries authors are free to use any of them (and keep some intermediate
>> files under source control if necessary)
>
> This is one of the objectives of the "Improving Boost Docs" project.

Hmm. I never got this fealing. At least I do not see .dokbook files in
libraries maintaining it's docs as quickbook.

>>From my very first answer to your post:
> I hope we can work together to move things in the right direction.
> IMO your direction is a lot more similar from the current "Improving
> Boost Docs" project that you think.
>
> I really hope that you think that our current direction is right now.
> Please try not to sparse FUD, people can get confused by it.

What particular part is FUD?

I still believe that most (if not all) the point in original post are valid.
These facilities were never submitted, reviewed and accepted. Essentially
it's a someone toy within bounds of boost (might be quite useful, but the
fact remains). BUT, Unless you position it as boost documentation format, I
personally don't really care.

Gennadiy