From: Reetesh Mukul (reetesh.mukul_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-28 09:34:19

Brook Milligan <brook <at> biology.nmsu.edu> writes:

> I would like to call your attention to a new release of the
> probability library (v0.2.2). Thanks to comments from Paul Bristow I
> hope it will work smoothly on MSVC v8.0 as well as gcc v3 and v4. As
> before it is available in the Vault (boost.probability-0.2.2.tar.gz)
> as well as at
>
> http://biology.nmsu.edu/software/probability/
>
> The changes are mostly confined to the test cases and infrastructure,
> but a few work around problems identified by the MSVC compiler.
>
> Please review this library and let me know how to improve it to expand
> the compiler repertoire or in other ways.
>
> Thanks you very much.
>
> Cheers,
> Brook

Hi Brook,

 1. The exm1.cpp and exm2.cpp are not opening.
 2. Apart from catching floating point issues, what other thing this
library
   does? Can we do convolution of probabilities?
 3. Is there any way to define sample space and tie probabilities to them? I

    have not gone through whole docs though.

This is a nice effort. Have you looked into integrating your library with
boost::random, boost::accumulators and boost math tool kit ?

Regards,
Reetesh Mukul