From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-03 10:18:22

on Mon Jul 02 2007, Marshall Clow <marshall-AT-idio.com> wrote:

> Yuval Ronen <ronen_yuval_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> > None 985 can't use bjam to disable specific VC warning
>>> None 984 using 'define=XYZ' as bjam command line argument doesn't work
>>
>>That's weird. When I go to http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/984
>>and http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/985, I see that these are
>>assigned to vladimir_prus. How could they appear here as if they are
>>assigned to 'None'? A Trac problem?
>
> I don't know - thanks for the heads up.
> Maybe a problem in my script....

The thing is that:

 * Existing tickets from sourceforge were moved over and the assignee
   name in the database was simply moved into the new database

 * People sign up for the new system with different userids than they
   used at SF (guilty: I'm "dave", was "david_abrahams"). Now if I
   look for tickets assigned to me, I miss them.

 * Just having a place in the new system doesn't guarantee you appear
   in the dropdown list of names to which tickets can be assigned.
   You have to have entered your email address on the system.

Incidentally, it's also a problem that some peoples' userids don't
identify them in a recognizable way.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting