From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-01 07:56:14

In a way we have this already, in an unstructured way - called the vault ;-)

But I have been advocating the idea of a 'Boost candidate' status for some time to:

* get code of the type you discuss into use.

* get code used 'in anger' to provide user experience and feedback.

* to provide more incentive for developers to do the hard work getting stuff up to Boost release standard.

* judge what is good enough for the agreed high cost of a formal review (or a 'light-touch' review for tiny but useful items?).

Perhaps we could ask for several nominations to promote from the vault to the 'candidate' collection, or we could have a straw poll,
or ??

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS
pbristow_at_[hidden]