From: Douglas Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-03 07:43:51

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 04:55 -0400, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> And, some comment on Doug's point about process vs. tools: I thing I find
> rather disturbing is that, apparently, in quite a number of times checkins
> mix different (and unrelated !) features, making it impossible to track
> regressions back to changesets.

Examples? I haven't seen this as a real problem. The more immediate
problem I've seen is that nearly any new feature or bug-fix in Boost is
going to span 3 directories (boost/libname, lib/libname/test,
lib/libname/doc), and CVS doesn't keep those things in a changeset.

Subversion and Trac fixed that problem.

Boost developers are smart; they don't need a process to tell them to
keep change-sets to a single feature, they need an SCM and a regression
test system that keeps those change-sets together. We now have the
first.

        - Doug