From: Janek Kozicki (janek_listy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-05 02:44:49

David Abrahams said: (by the date of Sat, 04 Aug 2007 17:42:59 -0400)

Hello,

> 4. Cmake's built-in programming language is even more horrible, IMO,

Did you consider scons? It's a build system which uses python as a
language. Therefore it's not horrible, and pretty flexible at the
same time.

  http://www.scons.org/

Due to my current lack of time I'll not advocate scons here too much.
I'll just say what springs to my mind now: it works well on all
platforms, from MSVC to gcc on IRIX, and doom3 development was done
with scons.

Leave other praises out, and please rather test it, if you wish.

> Neither systems can trace #include dependencies through macros
> (e.g. #include SOME_MACRO(xyz)), which occasionally leads to
> inaccurate results from incremental testing. This is an important
> problem that should be fixed.

For instance writing that with python should be possible. I'm not
good at python, but I can imagine writing this sort of thing.

best regards