From: Matias Capeletto (matias.capeletto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-07 12:05:43

On 8/6/07, John Phillips <phillips_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> To date there have been no reviews of the time series library posted
> to the developer or user lists. Is this a bad time for a review, or is
> no one interested enough in this library to put in the time to submit one?
> If you feel the library isn't interesting or useful enough, please
> post a note to the list so I can see that opinion. If you are struggling
> for time to do the review, please post at least a short opinion, and if
> a few days extension will make a difference we can investigate that
> possibility. However, the next review begins on August 13, so time for
> this is somewhat limited.

I really want to participate but I gave my last exam last week and now
I am heading to an Open Source congress for a week. I think I will not
have time for a formal review there :(

I have already give Eric feedback a month ago, and I think the library
is a nice inclusion for piece wise manipulation series like the ones
found in banking account management.

I am not convinced that is the best approach for a general discrete
signals framework where to build up digital systems libraries, like
FIR and IIR filters, filter networks or non linear and adaptive
filters. But just as with Boost.Regex, Boost.Spirit and
Boost.Xpressive, I think that boost will benefit from having Eric lib
and (once it is ready) a more DSP friendly framework specially
designed real time or block processing.

I will try to check my mail as often as possible during the congress
so I can jump in in discussions and participate.

Too bad the congress is this week :(

King regards
Matias