From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-12 00:09:24

David Abrahams wrote:
> Robert Ramey <ramey <at> rrsd.com> writes:

>> OK - that's just fine - but when I tried to create a branch off
>> RC_1_34_0
>> I got an error. Is the error to advise me I should have been using
>> Verson
>> 1.34.1
>> rather than RC_1_34_0 or some other reason.
>>
>> Error: MKACTIVITY of
>> '/svn/boost/!svn/act/7ac0dbeb-4f6d-0141-941c-1e06228e3d67': 403
>> Forbidden (http://svn.boost.org)
>>
>> Which I presume means I'm doing something unauthorized but it
>> doesn't say what exactly.
>
> I don't know what it is; if I were you I'd google for the error
> message.

Which only says that the server refused the address. I would guess that
I'm not authorized to make such a request. I tried again and got the same
response. So I guess we'll just leave it pending
until Doug (who I believe is handling these kinds of issues) can address
it.

>> I searched through the SVN documentation for information about
>> making Tags "readonly" to prevent
>> someone accidently committing a change to a tagged version. I
>> didn't find it but
>> it seems that this functionality would be necessary. I'm still
>> perusing the details.
>
> I wouldn't waste time on that, as you don't have permission to change
> the permissions on the Boost SVN.

Thank goodness for that. Actually, I suspect that marking that tag
as "locked" would address my concern. The only reason I mention
it is that I did it by accident with CVS. That is I checked out the
the release branch and forgot it was the release branch and
checked some changes. Just a suggestion - that's all.

>> My intention is to create a branch off the latest release, check in
>> and test my changes on this branch, and then merge them into the "trunk".
>> If there's
>> anything wrong with this procedure please let me know.
>
> nothing wrong with it AFAICT.

good to know

Robert Ramey