From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-14 08:22:02

On 05/16/2007 08:22 AM, Douglas Gregor wrote:
[snip]
> Troy Straszheim and I are building such a proof-of-concept based on a
> branch of Boost 1.34.0. We'll announce it to the list when we feel
> that it's ready.

Thanks, Troy and Doug. I've downloaded the
sandbox-branches/boost-cmake/boost_1_34_0 yesterday.
It's a great help to have some actual code to compare
with the existing bjam code. However, I think the following
comments:

<------- cut here ----------
# Creates a new executable from source files.
#
# boost_add_executable(exename
# source1 source2 ...
# [COMPILE_FLAGS compileflags]
# [feature_COMPILE_FLAGS compileflags]
# [LINK_FLAGS linkflags]
# [feature_LINK_FLAGS linkflags]
# [LINK_LIBS linklibs]
# [feature_LINK_LIBS linklibs]
# [DEPENDS libdepend1 libdepend2 ...]
# [feature]
# [NO_INSTALL])
#
# several cases, we use the placeholder "feature" in the option name
# to indicate that there are actually several different kinds of
# options, each referring to a different build feature
# ... For a complete listing
# of these features, please refer to the CMakeLists.txt file in the
# root of the Boost distribution, which defines the set of features
# that will be used to build Boost libraries by default.
>------- cut here ----------

tools/build/CMake/BoostCore.cmake may need updating based on the ]
following grep FLAGS output:

<------- cut here ----------
cd
/home/evansl/prog_dev/boost-svn/ro/sandbox-branches/boost-cmake/boost_1_34_0/
grep FLAGS CMakeLists.txt

Compilation exited abnormally with code 1 at Tue Aug 14 07:14:21

I had expected to see some tokens ending with _LINK_FLAGS or
_COMPILE_FLAGS corresponding to the feature_COMPILE_FLAGS and
feature_LINK_FLAGS in the first part of the above comment.

Of course we know you're still working on it, but I just didn't
want this to be accidentally missed.

Thanks again.

-regards,
Larry