From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-14 12:03:40

On 08/14/2007 08:02 AM, Douglas Gregor wrote:
[snip]
> top-level CMakeLists.txt. But, I would recommend not starting there:
> documentation for the CMake-based build system is on the Trac at
>
> http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/CMake

Thanks. That's much better; however, I got an error:

cd ~/prog_dev/boost-svn/ro/sandbox-branches/boost-cmake/build/
cmake ../src
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Check size of void*
-- Check size of void* - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND
CMake Error: your CXX compiler: "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" was not
found. Please set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a valid compiler path or name.

So, I edited the build/CMakeCache.txt:

//CXX compiler.
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER:FILEPATH=/usr/bin/g++-4.1

and the above command worked. Should the wiki/CMake mention the
need to edit this CMakeCache.txt file or maybe some other file?