From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-17 08:19:43

Paul A Bristow wrote:
> Since we seem to be using this to generate pdf version at the end of
> the toolchain from Quickbook/Docbook thru XML to html and pdf
>
> XML to PDF by RenderX XEP XSL-FO Formatter, visit us at
> http://www.renderx.com/
>
> I think it would be grateful to add an acknowledgement, perhaps to
>
> http://www.boost.org/status/compiler_status.html
>
> perhaps this text:
> <quote>
>
> [@http://www.renderx.com/ RenderX, Inc.]
>
> have kindly provided copies of their
>
> [@http://www.renderx.com/download/personal.html Personal Edition]
>
> of the XML to PDF by RenderX XEP XSL-FO Formatter (engine XEP.exe) to
> documentation writers.
>
> </quote>

At the risk of being curmudgeonly, I'm not sure I agree with this - the
folks who have acknowledgements there currently all provided free copies of
their compilers (that were/are not generally available) to aid with Boost
testing. RenderX hasn't actually given us anything that isn't freely
downloadable anyway. If they let us have a copy of the commercial version
of the product - so we could produce advert free docs - that would be a
different issue.

Just my 2c worth...

John.