From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-17 16:48:57

Darren Garvey wrote:
> As you may be aware, we have been working on a Boost-style CGI library for
> the Google Summer of Code. There is still a lot of work to do on the code,
> but it's 'taking shape' now so I'm inviting any interested parties for their
> comments. The structure of the library has changed quite significantly since
> the GSoC program started, for the better we believe, but you may disagree.
> ;) We'd like to know.
>
> Docs are located at: http://cgi.sf.net
> Source is in the Boost sandbox, here: http://tinyurl.com/2ldvk3
>
> The internal links in the docs are mostly not working at the moment, sorry,
> but the TOC can be used to get you around.

Hi Darren,

I'd like to look at the tutorial or quickstart sections, but the links
from the introduction page don't work (as expected), and they're not
listed in the TOC. Can you post a link?

 From what I can see so far -

- You've chosen some too-short identifiers; abbreviating "request" to
"req" is fine, but abbreviating "sync" to "s" is not. So I'd vote for
"sync_req", rather than "srequest".

- The documentation is all very "in at the deep end", starting by
describing the differences between the different protocols that you've
implemented. It would be better to describe the common aspects, i.e.
how to access form or other data. As far as I can see you don't ever
describe this, always just commenting "use the request here", or
something like that.

- Err, actually maybe you do describe the functions for accessing the
form data, in the "request meta-data" section at the end of
http://cgi.sourceforge.net/html/cgi/ug.html. But why is this _meta_
data, not just "data"?

I will have another look when some more tutorial material is available.

Regards,

Phil.