From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-19 07:07:13

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Uh, well, removing toolset and other things from build path will be easy.
> The problem is that now HTML generation is weird -- it generates
> to $srcdir/html and unconditionally putting thigns to srcdir is bad.
> So I'd suppose we need to fix that first, and then again, relative paths
> to images won't work.

FWIW: I have worked out a solution that almost works. I wrote a manifest
install generator that is able to take the path to a manifest file as
its input and will copy all files that are described by this file to
whatever location is desired.

I did this with some little shell scripts (residing in bjam actions) and
making use of copy and mkdir commands as the only external tools
required. This works already for windows and linux.

Currently boostbook.jam however is hardwired to generate the docs to
$src/html, but this is easy to change.

Roland aka speedsnail