From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-19 15:38:20

Jean-Christophe Roux wrote:

> Here is basic use case. I have this ajaxian website with a button that,
> on a click, calls a php script taking a couple of POST parameters and
> returning a string. I suspect that C++ would nicely speed up the
> process. What would be the best use of your library? Of course, I worry
> about the time to start the process.

The time to start the process is an issue that always exists with CGI,
and can be reduced by using FastCGI or SCGI.

Anyway, if you use PHP as an apache module, this is not only highly
unsafe but also quite annoying, permissions-wise and stuff. The only
right way to do such a thing is using CGI, FastCGI or SCGI.