From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-22 11:39:50

I could be that I since serialization isn't currently threadsafe anyway, No
one
builds with this switch and the issue doesn't come up.

I would have hoped that this would be automatically taken care of by
the following sequence of conditions:

bjam <threading>multi => config/BOOST_HAS_THREADS =>inclusion
of reference to threading library => link with threading library.

Also, I haven't looked at the threading library in enough depth
to understand why the whole library can't be a header only library.
After all, isn't is basically a wrapper around native OS primitives?

Robert Ramey