From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-23 21:39:44

on Wed Aug 22 2007, David Abrahams <dave-AT-boost-consulting.com> wrote:

> Don't worry, I won't ask you to maintain them. But my point was that
> they are *external* macros. They're invoked directly by the library
> user.

And even more to the point, I want to discourage any "no votes... sole
based on... dislike of macros." Please fairly evaluate the benefits
of the proposed interface against the extremely unlikely possibility
that someone will ask you to maintain the library. Frankly I'd be
worried about accepting anyone else's work, macros or not, if I
thought I'd end up maintaining it.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting