From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-23 22:05:50

Frank Birbacher wrote:
> Hi!
>
> David Abrahams schrieb:
>> I don't understand what trunk/ is doing under release/
>> The trunk itself will only rarely be the same as something we release, right?
>
> As I take it: The release/trunk will hold the steps of merging
> release-ready libraries.
>
> 1. people improve on /trunk/lib/XYZ
> 2. merge /trunk/lib/XYZ to /release/trunk/lib/XYZ
> 3. repeat step 2 for other libraries
> 4. when done tag /release/trunk as /release/tags/1_35_0
>
> So before releasing the /release/trunk can be used to build the release
> candidate and improve it further.

Yep. We have changed the details of repository structure and directory
names, but the basic process is as you describe it.

Note that we can start the process of getting ready for the next release
as soon as the last one is out the door. In terms of 1.35.0, that means
we can start right away for any libraries that are ready to go.

--Beman