From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-24 00:33:50

I would emphasize a couple of missed steps:

Beman Dawes wrote:
> Frank Birbacher wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> David Abrahams schrieb:
>>> I don't understand what trunk/ is doing under release/
>>> The trunk itself will only rarely be the same as something we
>>> release, right?
>>
>> As I take it: The release/trunk will hold the steps of merging
>> release-ready libraries.
>>
>> 1. people improve on /trunk/lib/XYZ
      1.5 test library changes against the next release
>> 2. merge /trunk/lib/XYZ to /release/trunk/lib/XYZ
>> 3. repeat step 2 for other libraries
>> 4. when done tag /release/trunk as /release/tags/1_35_0
      5. retest the tarball

>> So before releasing the /release/trunk can be used to build the
>> release candidate and improve it further.

There is no /release/trunk

Building the trunk will result in something entirely diffferent than the
next release. The only way the release can be improved is by merging in more
code which has been separately tested.

 I'm not sure that wasn't over looked in the above.

Robert Ramey