From: Tom Brinkman (reportbase_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-24 02:47:34

>> Give macros libraries a closer look, before dismissing them out of hand.

Ok. Noted.

Just thought I'd mention another issue, sorry to ramble.
Some of the libraries on boost have been terrific learning tools
for me to develop a strong sense of what a well written
functional/generic library should look like. Many hundreds of
hours went into some of them, I'm shur. Theyre are so many hidden
nuggets in boost, that one could spend a lifetime trying to search them out.

There are many subtle concepts but important concepts in
functional/generic programming. In my estimation, it takes an intermediate
c++ programmer probably an additional 2-3 years to really begin to appreciate
the truely incredible power that functional/generic programming offers.

Studying a well written boost library is a terrific way to learn how its done.
Its a shame that some of them are incredibly hard to study, without
substantial effort. In my case, I attribute that difficulty to macros
-- so yes,
I have developed a strong disliking for macros.