From: Andreas Huber (ahd6974-spamboostorgtrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-27 04:35:45

Leandro Lucarella <llucarella <at> integratech.com.ar> writes:
> Hi! I'm looking at the statechart library and I found myself in a
> situation where I need a completion transition.
>
> I saw in this thread[1] that they are not supported yet, so I wonder if
> you plan to implement them in a near future.

I'm still stuck with the problem I mentioned in that thread. IMO, the UML
semantics are not clear in this area. Maybe you have a suggestion how this
should work?

> The only way to simulate that now is to make a dummy event and call
> pocess_event/post_event/fifo_scheduler<>::queue_event|| at in the
> enter/transition action of the state?

- You'd probably want to go for post_event.
- Never ever call process_event() from inside an FSM!!! That function (like all
other member functions) is non-reentrant.
- fifo_scheduler<>::queue_event races with external events that are scheduled
by client code. In this context you almost never want that.

Regards,

--
Andreas Huber
from the address shown in the header.