From: Douglas Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-28 21:44:00

On Aug 28, 2007, at 6:32 PM, Andrew Sutton wrote:
>> It would be really cool it that function supported tuples, that would
>> make it much more readable to use more than two visitors.
>
> Agreed. There are a number of great cosmetic changes that Boost.Graph
> could use. At some point in the (hopefully near) future, I hope to be
> merging my SoC code. Ideally, the merge process would result in a
> branch of the trunk.

Sounds good.

> Such a branch might also be open for a number of
> other improvements - like integrating other algorithms that have been
> in waiting in the wings.

Are there any particular algorithms you have in mind? We've been
slowly integrating contributed algorithms into the trunk. The
limitation has basically been that we need to find people with time
to review the algorithms, tests, documentation, etc. before merging
any code.

> Of course, that might result in a brand new graph library (and may be
> subject to re-review).

No, I doubt it. We've talked offline a few times about building
"version 2" of the Boost Graph Library, which would include many
cosmetic cleanups, simplified interfaces, and probably remove many of
the hacks for older compilers. Such an upgrade would be mostly
backward-compatible and would not need a re-review.

        - Doug