From: Andrew Sutton (asutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-29 08:05:46

>> Such a branch might also be open for a number of
>> other improvements - like integrating other algorithms that have been
>> in waiting in the wings.
>
> Are there any particular algorithms you have in mind? We've been
> slowly integrating contributed algorithms into the trunk. The
> limitation has basically been that we need to find people with time
> to review the algorithms, tests, documentation, etc. before merging
> any code.

Hmm.... I just update the trunk and realized there's already a
planarity algorithm in the library - and the cycle ratio code. Oops.
Maybe this would be a good opportunity to look thru the wishlist on
trac and see if there are any other algorithms people are interested in.

> No, I doubt it. We've talked offline a few times about building
> "version 2" of the Boost Graph Library, which would include many
> cosmetic cleanups, simplified interfaces, and probably remove many of
> the hacks for older compilers. Such an upgrade would be mostly
> backward-compatible and would not need a re-review.

I was thinking something a little more large-scale. There are some
concepts in my recent work that could be back-ported (mostly to the
adjacency list classes) and some new code that makes working with
exterior properties a great deal easier (and cleaner). I'm also
developing some ideas - I haven't put them to code - on specialized
graph concepts (e.g., weighted graphs). Basically, these just
simplify reasoning about the graph interface, when you need to
provide property maps and when you don't.

Andrew Sutton
asutton_at_[hidden]