From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-29 04:52:40

Rene Rivera wrote:
>> As has been said in a previous, similar discussion, simple
>> disallowing of upper-case characters doesn't work. Bjam's files are
>> called Jamroot and Jamfile, and the capitalization matters.
>
> Ah, no ;-) Boost.Build will handle any of:
>
> project-root.jam
> [Jj]amroot
> [Jj]amroot.jam
> [Bb]uild.jam
> [Jj]amfile.v2
> [Jj]amfile
> [Jj]amfile.jam
>
> I personally prefer the ones with the .jam extension :-) But I don't
> see a problem with using capital letters in file names. And more
> important, the restriction may not be appropriate for all file/dir
> names in the svn repo.

Note that our submission policy
(http://www.boost.org/more/lib_guide.htm#Directory_structure) states:

"File and directory names must contain only lowercase ASCII letters ,
numbers, underscores, and a period. Leading character must be alphabetic.
Maximum length 31. Only a single period is permitted. These requirements
ensure file and directory names are relatively portable."

John.