From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-28 16:10:03

Sebastian Redl wrote:
> Caleb Epstein wrote:
>> On 8/28/07, Paul A Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>>> Are either of these crimes that could be prevented by SVN pre-commit rules?
>>>
>> Definitely.
>> Attached is my simplistic attempt at this, adapted from the skeleton
>> pre-commit-check Python script that ships with the Subversion sources

> As has been said in a previous, similar discussion, simple disallowing
> of upper-case characters doesn't work. Bjam's files are called Jamroot
> and Jamfile, and the capitalization matters.

Ah, no ;-) Boost.Build will handle any of:

   project-root.jam
   [Jj]amroot
   [Jj]amroot.jam
   [Bb]uild.jam
   [Jj]amfile.v2
   [Jj]amfile
   [Jj]amfile.jam

I personally prefer the ones with the .jam extension :-) But I don't see
a problem with using capital letters in file names. And more important,
the restriction may not be appropriate for all file/dir names in the svn
repo.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything