From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-29 11:45:31

On Aug 28, 2007, at 5:15 AM, Paul A Bristow wrote:

> I have recently had my wrist slapped by John Maddock, not once, but
> twice :-((
>
> My offences were committing both
>
> Too long filenames, and
>
> CamelCaseFileNames.
>
> Are either of these crimes that could be prevented by SVN pre-
> commit rules?

The Subversion repository now checks that there are no problems with
case-insensitive file systems (based on the case-insensitive.py pre-
commit hook). So committing "Jamfile" is file, but a commit of
"JamFile" when there is already a "Jamfile" will be rejected.

We also now reject commits containing filenames with > 31 characters.

        - Doug