From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-31 12:10:14

On Aug 31, 2007, at 9:36 AM, Andrew Sutton wrote:
>> How many times have users had to create and maintain an
>> std::map<std::string, vertex_descriptor> to do this same thing? Too
>> many, in my opinion.
>
> How true :) That's a great idea. It sounds like the approach is
> actually similar to my idea for weighted graphs, albeit for a very
> different purpose. I think there are a couple of nice concepts in
> here somewhere.

Agreed.

> I'd actually like to take a whack at getting some of this work
> started. I may even be able to find a couple of other students who
> would be willing to help (it's a strong maybe). If you're interested,
> I can create a branch in the sandbox and start writing up a laundry
> list.

Yes, please go ahead and create a branch. We probably want to treat
this more like a sandbox library (with sandbox layout), where the
boost/graph and libs/graph subdirectories are branches off the
trunk's boost/graph and libs/graph. In this case, we might as well
just put it in the sandbox:

        sandbox/projects/graph-v2

        - Doug