From: Marco (mrcekets_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-01 09:51:55

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 09:59:28 +0100, Jens Seidel <jensseidel_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> I checked it with gcc 3.3, 3.4 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 and it works indeed great
> and all tests are successful with one exception:
>
> There are warnings and even internal compiler errors with gcc 3.3!
>
> $ g++-3.3 --version
> g++-3.3 (GCC) 3.3.6 (Debian 1:3.3.6-15)
>
> I attached a patch which just adds a few comments which you should
> check. It's only very trivial stuff.
> Most internal compiler errors result from static asserts which I
> excluded for g++ 3.3. But at least one test leads to it as well outside
> asserts.

Thanks for your extensive testing ! :-)
Indeed I didn't perform any test with gcc 3.3 but from what you
pointed out it seems that doesn't support the Mesonides' trick
and this cuts away signature deduction of any function object.

Could you suggest me some paper about compiler bugs, unsupported
features and possible workarounds.

> PS: Please do not create ZIP files from your DOS based system. All files
> (even source files!) are marked as executable which is obviously wrong.
>
> Jens

Do you mean the zip files I upload into the vault ?
I always create them under linux, so this sounds really odd to me.
However I can create .tar.gz archive if this can be helpful.
Let me know.

Marco