From: Jens Seidel (jensseidel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-01 10:33:56

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 02:51:55PM +0100, Marco wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 09:59:28 +0100, Jens Seidel <jensseidel_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
> > I checked it with gcc 3.3, 3.4 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 and it works indeed great
> > and all tests are successful with one exception:
>
> Thanks for your extensive testing ! :-)
> Indeed I didn't perform any test with gcc 3.3 but from what you
> pointed out it seems that doesn't support the Mesonides' trick
> and this cuts away signature deduction of any function object.

Right, maybe you should not even try to support gcc 3.3 if it causes
such problems. Maybe you find nevertheless a clean workaround, I don't
know. If you need more information such as a callstack just ask ...

> Could you suggest me some paper about compiler bugs, unsupported
> features and possible workarounds.

No sorry. I just dicovered it during my tests. For bugs you could of
course check the bug database of GNU. I'm not sure but I think it's
useless to report the bug in gcc 3.3 and hope it gets fixed (it's too
old!?) but maybe you can still just report it to get a bug number for