From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-14 08:21:27

David Deakins wrote:
> Beman Dawes wrote:
>> John Maddock wrote:

>>> Passes for me here as well.
>> Thanks, must be something local to my machine.
>>
>> I've rebooted and deleted bin.v2 to force a total rebuild. Running now...
>>

> Hi Beman,
>
> We also started seeing these fault dialog boxes on the VeecoFTC machine
> running the vc8-stlport tests. I rebooted the machine this morning and
> wiped out the existing binaries to initiate a full rebuild. So it
> wasn't just your local installation. We'll see if everything clears
> with the rebuild. If so, we may want to alert other incremental testers
> on VC8.

Interesting...

After I rebooted and deleted bin.v2, the fault dialog boxes stopped
appearing for awhile, but now have started again for a wave test failure
(but not for threads or other libraries). Furthermore, deleting the wave
bin.v2 files didn't help; the problem is reoccurring. Also note that
there have been no changes to wave whatsoever since October.

So it looks like wave, threads, and the other libraries this is
happening to are innocent bystanders. But it also doesn't look like
Boost.Test or Build V2 files changed either.

I'm at a complete loss. Anyone have any ideas?

--Beman