From: Stjepan Rajko (stipe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-17 23:08:38

On Nov 11, 2007 12:18 PM, Stjepan Rajko <stipe_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Nov 9, 2007 3:39 PM, Phil Endecott <spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> > Personally, I'm interested in something that is superficially similar
> > to this but with some make-like dependency tracking included. I
>
> At some point in the future, I'm planning a "blueprint" layer which
> would provide a global representation of a dataflow network.
> Basically, each actual component would have a corresponding blueprint
> component, and those would be be embedded in a BGL graph so you could
> run different sorts of analysis (as well as instantiate or serialize
> the actual network).

I have just started implementing this Blueprint layer - there is a
thrown-together example which shows how you can use it for run-time
reflection and dataflow network analysis via BGL at
http://tinyurl.com/2xm832. Is this sort the of functionality you are
looking for?

The Blueprint layer is being built on top of the generic Dataflow
layer, so it could be used for any dataflow mechanism/framework with
an appropriate support layer. The code is still rather ugly, but I'll
keep working on it.

Regards,

Stjepan