From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-23 12:27:00

Robert Ramey wrote:
> I've resolved to move these headers from their current locations
> into the boost/serialization directory. Right now I'm sort of bogged
> down in other stuff and I've make fairly extensive
> changes/enhancements to the library. I'm working on a branch. About a
> month ago I
> inquired as to the convenience/inconvenience of merging my changes from
> the
> branch into the trunk and the response was that as things were soon
> to be released, it would not be a good time to do so. This was fine
> with me. So by now my branch is even more divirgent from the
> trunk. I'll make these changes on this branch which can be merged
> into trunk at such time as is deemed convenient.

Understood.

However, don't forget that you can always make changes to the trunk as well
as the branch, and then merge them later :-)

And... without wishing to point fingers... Serialization currently accounds
for about half of the outstanding regressions at
http://boost.org/regression/trunk/developer/issues.html, so I guess we need
to make some sort of decision whether 1.35 will contain:

1) The Boost-1.34 version of serialization (in which case we should revert
the Trunk for the time being).
2) Current Trunk version (plus fixes? Looks like many of the failures have
a single cause?)
3) The current development branch version that you're actively working on.

Which we go for much depends upon Beman's schedule, so over to the release
manager I guess ;-)

Regards, John.